Water Heater Repair in Granada Hills
Do you need to repair one of the most essential appliances in your home aka the water heater? Look no further, my friend. The G Hills Plumbers got your back!
Water Heater Repair or Water Heater Installation?
It doesn’t matter, we’re those local plumbers to give you the best recommendation to what best suits your needs! Whether that be a conventional Water Heater or a Tankless Water Heater we can Repair it or we can install it! We like to provide value so at the bottom, we’ve created the pros & cons of conventional water heaters & tankless water heaters.
Pros & Cons of Conventional Water Heaters
- Let’s say your power goes off, there is a blackout and you want to take a shower, you’ll still have about 50 gallons of hot water left over as oppose to a tankless water heater, as soon as there is a blackout the hot water stops running immediately.
- The Initial cost of a traditional water heater can be half the price than a tankless water heater
- It’s not that complicated when installing it so therefore there will be fewer mistakes
- Conventional water heaters are sufficient with most climates
- Water is always being heated no matter what, therefore energy is always being used and wasted, this is recognized as standby heat loss
- Due to the fact that it is a big appliance, it does take up a good amount of space in a person’s home
- Put yourself at risk for water damage, keeping a large amount of water in a tank that can corrode just spells DANGER. Not keeping up with your maintenance, the tank can eventually fail and can lead to bad water damage.. and these jobs are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E.
Pros & Cons of Tankless Water Heaters
- Saves money in the long-term
- Doesn’t take up too much space
- Lasts double than a conventional water heater, we’re talking 20 years+
- We like to call it HWOD… Hot Water On Demand. It’s there whenever you need it
- The Initial cost can be a whopping $3,500 just to get it installed, maybe, even more, depending on the model that you get.
- Replacing your traditional one for your tankless system can be a hassle to take out and can further the cost even more just for the labor.
- When taking showers and doing laundry at the same time can cause your tankless water heaters to fail
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have no hot water, what should i do?
- How do I save energy with my conventional water heater?
- Water Heater Age?
If you have a traditional water heater, double check and see if your pilot light has gone out. You can try relighting the pilot or you can call (818)-208-3890 to get one of our Granada Hills plumber to walk you through the process.
It can be a little difficult to this especially if you’re human and want to be in the shower for a long time and think about life and if you got a conventional water heater. The best way though is by taking shorter showers & shutting off your water heater when you leave from home.
All water heaters have a rating plate that implements important data such as the model and the serial numbers. What will be on there is like the Manufacturer’s name, length of warranty, gallon capacity,